Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Muallaf" just won a prize in Japan!


tokyo 08

Praise the good Lord almighty.

As the older members of The Storyteller Club will remember, "Sepet" won the Best Asian Film award at the 18th Tokyo International Film Festival.

This year, that section just cast its net wider to include the Middle-East, making it even tougher than before.

I just received two emails from two very good friends, simultaneously. One from Stefan Shih of MovieXclusive Singapore, and another one from brilliant Japanese filmmaker Yoichiro Takahashi, both very excitedly informing me that our film "Muallaf" had just been given a Special Mention Best Asian-Middle Eastern Film award. The first prize went to a film from Turkey called "My Marlon and Brando".

What can I say? I'm just so grateful, and so crazy happy about this, that I could cry.

Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah!