Thursday, June 19, 2008

My first full-fledged commercial for Singapore.



Early this year, the Singapore Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports commissioned me to direct a public service commercial for them.

The objective was to stress the importance of the family.

When I asked them why me, they said they had been following my work for Petronas, and felt I was suitable for the project at hand.

It was such an honour to be approached by the Singapore government that I immediately agreed to do the job. The script was co-written by Moon of MHz Films and me.

About a month ago, after I had shot the film, they did a citizen research on it.

Now, the average Singaporean commercial will get the go-ahead if it scored around 5 or 6/10. If a commercial scored a 7/10, this would be considered a sure-winner.

The commercial we shot, the one you see here, scored a walloping 8.9/10! Alhamdulillah.