Thursday, October 18, 2007

"Talentime". The search for a hero.

indian boy
Originally uploaded by yasmin the storyteller
I want him to be 16 or 17 years of age, and I want him to be of Indian descent.

Why Indian?

Well, I never bothered to explain why the heroes for "Sepet" and "Muallaf" were Chinese, or why the hero for "Mukhsin" was Malay, so I don't see why I need to explain myself for wanting an Indian this time around.

(And oh, he does NOT have to be musically inclined in any way, but he MUST be able to ride a motorcycle.)

The picture you see here was taken in Mumbai, India, on my Canon IXUS, about three years ago. I was astonished by how beautiful this mango seller was, so I asked to take a snapshot of him.

He was 17.

If you fit the bill, or if you know of somehow who does, please write to me at and attach some photographs with your email.

Thank you kindly.