Sunday, June 24, 2007

"Mukhsin", Sharifah Aryana, Sharifah Aleya, Sharifah Amani and I have been invited.


paris-cinema logo
Originally uploaded by yasmin the storyteller
They're paying for our flight and accommodation.

They've organised a special tribute to our body of work on the 7th of July, and I've been chosen as a guest of honour, alongside Christopher Doyle and Robin Wright Penn. (Do you think they've got me confused with some Iranian director? Hehe! Arabic name, mah?)

Best of all, "Mukhsin" has been selected, from hundreds of films around the world, to be one of only 14 in competition. They're also screening "Sepet" and "Gubra".

Alhamdulillah. Rabbana wa lakalhamdu.

The sad news is, only Sharifah Amani and I can go. Leya will be working, and Yana's got exams.

We expect to leave for Paris sometime on the 5th of July, inshaallah, and we plan to fly back on the 8th.

As always, I'm not expecting to win. I'm just grateful we're getting an all-paid-for trip to, and tribute in, Paris! Tres, tres jolie!

For details, please go to http://www.pariscinema.org/