Friday, June 24, 2005

So what did we think of this? (Caution: Spoilers ahead!)

Originally uploaded by yasmin the storyteller.
Last night, we watched my personal favourite film of all time.

(Or rather, some of The Storytellers Club members watched it, while I typed away furiously the rest of "Gubra" in my office.)

So, members. I'd like to hear your take on the film, in as much detail as possible.

kes by steps

As for me, four scenes in this film moved me the most - Billy explaining to the class how he tamed the kestrel, the little boy who was forced to keep his friends' cigarettes in his pocket and subsequently got caned, the girl reading that psalm about shepherds and lost sheep at morning school assembly, and Billy's response to the teacher asking him why he felt the other kids liked to pick on him.

These scenes broke my heart, mended it, and made me cry.